upcoming WUR Student Council elections
Every spring WUR celebrates the election for the Student Council. The election for the Student Council 2020-2021 is being held from 25 May up to and including 28 May 2020.
Dear students,The Student Council changes every year. Around now, we are looking for new candidates. We cannot express how much you will learn in such a year. According to the new measures against the COVID-19, there will be no SC interest lunch this year. However, our Rector Magnificus made this video to express the importance of the Student Council for the organisation as a whole.
Geplaatst door Student Council Wageningen op Dinsdag 17 maart 2020
What is the Student Council?
The Student Council (SC) is comprised by 12 students. The board represents the interest of all WUR students. The members of the Student Council are elected every year in spring, and dedicate a full-time year to the Council.
Parties: CSF, S&I and VeSte
Check the party website or Facebook page for more information about these parties and their focus points, plans and ideas.
What function has at WUR?
Each academic year the Student Council determines the focus points and spearheads. The spearheads of the Student Council this year 2019/2020 are:
Improving student health
- Reduce the chance of students contracting RSI/CANS;
- Better mental health support;
- Improve stress reduction facilities.
Improve communication towards students
- Increase awareness for students on their rights;
- Make the Student Council and her work more known amongst students.
Enhancing integration within and outside the student community
- Better (intercultural) student – staff integration;
- Keep everyone into account and make everybody feel at home;
- More tolerance for diversity among students;
- Better integration between WUR and the city of Wageningen.
Keep WUR’s leading position in sustainability
- Make campus facilities more sustainable;
- Implement sustainability in education;
- Reduce waste on campus.
Stimulate personal development for students
- Support extracurricular activities
- Improve students’ soft skills
- More options for career preparation
Being a Student Council member, you have the possibility to develop yourself on a personal, business and political level, and to develop competencies and skills which you do not necessarily develop during your study. Contact the Student Council for more information.
Your vote is important to have a student council that represents your interests as good as possible!